UK Investment Visa
You can apply for a Tier 1 (Investor) visa if:
- You want to invest £2,000,000 or more in the UK
- You’re from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland
- You meet the other eligibility requirements
- You must have access to at least £2,000,000 in investment funds to apply.
How long it will take
You can apply for a visa up to 3 months before your date of travel to the UK.
You should get a decision on your visa within 3 weeks.
How much you pay for a Tier 1 (Investor) visa depends on your situation, where you are and how you apply.
|Who you ar applying for||APPLY||Extend or switch by post|
|All dependants||£1,500 for each dependant|| |
£1,500 for each
You’ll also have to pay the healthcare surcharge as part of your application.
Fees for applying and extending in person:
You can use the super premium service to apply or extend in person.
It costs a one-off fee of £7,000, plus application fees for each person of:
- £1,900 for the ‘main applicant’
- £1,900 for each dependant
You can use this service for up to 4 ‘main applicants’ and a maximum of 10 people per visit. ‘Main applicants’ are the people with access to the investment funds.
How long you can stay
You can come to the UK with a Tier 1 (Investor) visa for a maximum of 3 years and 4 months.
You can apply to extend this visa for another 2 years.
What you can and can’t do
- invest £2,000,000 or more in UK government bonds, share capital or loan capital in active and trading UK registered companies
- work or study
- apply to settle after 2 years if you invest £10 million
- apply to settle after 3 years if you invest £5 million
- Invest in companies mainly engaged in property investment, property management or property development
- Work as a professional sportsperson or sports coach
- Get public funds
You also can’t work as a doctor or dentist in training unless one of the following applies:
- You have a primary degree at bachelors level or above in medicine or dentistry from a UK institution that holds a Tier 4 sponsor license or is a UK recognised or listed body
- You worked as a doctor or dentist in training the last time you were in the UK
- Neither of those conditions were part of the terms and conditions on a previous visa
For more information, please contact us
Last Updated: 30 November 2009