Orphan Relative (subclass 117)
+613 9629 2677

Orphan Relative (subclass 117)

(Subclass 117)
Orphan Relative visa

This visa lets a child who is single come to Australia to live with a relative if their parents are dead, are unable to care for them or can't be found.
What are the benefits of this visa?
With Orphan relative visa the child can stay in Australia indefinitely,work and study in Australia in line with Australian law,enrol in Australia's public healthcare scheme, Medicare,sponsor relatives to come to Australia  and apply for Australian citizenship, if eligible.The child can travel to and from Australia as many times as they want for 5 years from the date we grant this visa. This is as long as the travel facility on this visa remains valid.If the child wants to travel after the initial 5-year travel facility:
They will need to apply for and be granted a Resident Return (RRV) so they can re-enter Australia as a permanent resident,they might also want to consider Australian citizenship. If they become an Australian citizen, they won't require a visa to enter Australia. They will need to apply for an Australian passport and use it to leave and re-enter Australia.
This is a permanent visa. It lets the child stay in Australia indefinitely. For citizenship purposes, the child becomes a permanent resident on the day they enter Australia on the visa.If the child has siblings who also want to apply, make a separate application for each sibling.The child's dependent children can be included on their application when they apply or at any time before we decide the application. Dependent children of the child who apply for the visa must meet our health requirement.Family members who are not coming to Australia might also have to meet our health requirement.The child must be sponsored by an eligible sibling or step-sibling, grandparent or step-grandparent, aunt, uncle, step-aunt or step-uncle.We must approve the sponsorship.The child must be under 18 years old when they apply for the visa.This visa is for the chldren who don't have  parents to care for them.
The child and any of their dependent children who apply for the visa with them must meet our health requirement.
Dependent children who are not applying for the visa might also have to meet our health requirement.If the child is aged 16 years or older they must meet our character requirement.We might also ask that other dependent children who apply for the visa meet the requirement.If the child or any member of their family owes the Australian Government money it must be paid it back or there must be a formal arrangement to pay it back.We might not grant this visa if it is not in the best interests of an applicant under 18.
For this visa the child must be under 18 years of age, single and with no parent to care for them.have a relative who is a settled Australian citizen, Eligible New Zealand citizen or Australian permanent resident be outside Australia when the application is made and when we make a decision.


For more information, please contact us

در صورتی که مایل به دریافت مشاوره‌ی رایگان هستید، اطلاعات خود را در فرم زیر وارد کرده و منتظر تماس مشاور تحصیلی باشید. در صورت تمایل، می‌توانید فرم کاملتر مشاوره را اینجا تکمیل نمایید.
Last Updated: 14 December 2018
Editor: Ms. Nasrin Joulaie