Scholarships in Australia
Almost all types of offered scholarships are named and described on our website. If you are simply interested in obtaining a scholarship, it must be noted that the eligibility requirements are usually strict and confine. Applicants are required to be graduates of top ranked universities, have high academic and research records. Scholarship is not common at Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees and is usually offered to PhD students. Generally, all PhD applicants have their applications reviewed and measured for Scholarship.
You may find the necessary information about offered scholarships by Australian universities. Hence, for further information, you may visit the relevant page.
The most common types of scholarships in Australia can be found below:
Australia Awards: International scholarship by Australian Government for international students. Unfortunately, Iranian students cannot benefit from this award. They are such as: Australian Awards Scholarships (AAS), Australian Awards Leadership Program (AAL), AusAID.
· Iran Scholarships: More information can be found on the website of Ministry of Science, Research and Technology.
· Australian University Scholarships: Every Australian university and college has a specific scholarship share. And as a result they provide a large number of students with financial aids each year.
· Community Service Scholarships: The funds are usually donated by famous and wealthy individuals, who wish to donate. Usually this type of Scholarships is provided for students accommodations.
It’s worth noting, scholarship does not necessary cover the costs of student’s tuition fees and living, based on criteria. Some of these grants cover the part of the tuition fees and some may pay for the living expenses. A full scholarship covers the full tuition fee, living and travel expenses. The award can be between AU$5,000- 10,000 and covers the costs of one semester or more. These financial aids are very competitive and are awarded based on students’ competencies.
Iranian students are usually successful in obtaining International Postgraduate Research Scholarships (IPRS). As the name suggests it is awarded to international research students at postgraduate level, which are provided by most of the Australian universities. IPRS covers the tuition and student insurance expenses. The living costs of awarded students will be paid by the respected university. Hence, Iranian students are only eligible to apply for this type of scholarship. As was mentioned above scholarships are usually very competitive, thus students are required to apply early for grants and their applications may take up to one year to be processed.
If you wish to receive a scholarship in the course of research, it helps to know working on proposed university thesis raises the possibility of receiving a scholarship, rather than working on a personal research proposals and finding a supervisor.
Required documents for scholarship application:
· Applicants should have graduated from one of the top ranked universities and demonstrated academic excellence;
· Published articles, essays, research papers or books may also be required to be provided by the students;
· Present an accurate and organised Resume;
· Applicants are required to provide evidence of English Competency. For instance: if the eligibility requirement of scholarship is to provide score of 7 in IELTS, students are required to have the score upon application. Hence, students cannot rely on conditional acceptance; and
· Students are requested to submit a personal statement.
· Some of the universities have their specified application form for Scholarship.
· Applying and submitting the applications are very crucial.
More information in regards to Scholarships can be found on the relative institute.